Aēsop


Aēsop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm (2.6oz/$27) 

Folks this is a love story.  It all started with the Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm pictured above.  I ordered it online and I was so impressed by the scent that I immediately looked up the closest Aēsop store. The Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm smells like mandarin, cedar wood and rosemary to me.  It's an amazing combination that I find myself re-applying during the day to perk me up. 


I promptly found an Aēsop store, and with the help of a very patient salesperson I sniffed, slathered, and rubbed my way to the Geranium Leaf Body Care Trio Set ($85) pictured above. Included in the trio were the following:

1. Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser (6.8oz/$25)
2. Geranium Leaf Body Balm      (4.1oz/$35)
3. Geranium Leaf Body Scrub     (5.7oz/$35)

I was told the trio was something they offered for the holidays so I've listed the prices for each individual product. In the interest of being thorough(because I like to try all the things) I also picked up the Geranium Leaf Hydrating Body Treatment(3.4oz/$35) which was not a part of the set.





I've been using everything pictured for a month now.  I love how aromatic the products are. The geranium wash and scrub leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed. The body balm and oil( I layer the balm first and then the oil) are light but still moisturizing.  I am smitten.
Inside the Aēsop store
Aēsop is what I would consider a niche brand. Established in Melbourne, Australia in 1987 they do no advertising, have no celebrity endorsements,  and reportedly prefer to be in locations that are considered emerging. In addition to great products they have a striking old world meets new world apothecary aesthetic that I love. My sister on the other hand told me that she went inside one of their stores once but left shortly after, because with all the similar looking bottles and lack of signage she couldn't tell what exactly they were selling. Check out some of their stores around the world here.  You can also find their products online at the Aēsop website, Barneys, Net-A-Porter and Amazon.

Have you tried anything from Aēsop? Any thoughts about the brand?



Stardate:160027.03

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this brand, I like what they stand for. But I find them a bit pricey, and hard to find. I will have to look and see, hopefully try them next time I'm in Barneys. I usually like your recommendations.

    http://ahhhsoneo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love them Neo. Let me know what you think.

      Delete
  2. I think I would find myself in the same situation as your sis. Did you get a $10 discount ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've convinced my sis to give them a try. If you get the kit there is a $10 discount. The kit was still available on Net a Porter when I checked.

      Delete
  3. I'm somewhat hooked on the Bath and Body products and I have not tried anything from this brand. It does seem like a great product though judging by your review.

    ReplyDelete