Chanel Skyline: Yeah or Nay?





I came home to find this in the mail this afternoon. It is from Chanel's Blue Illusion collection.  






Skyline is different from any of the other Chanel blues that I have. To me it looks like a metallic combination of blue and silver with just a whisper of lilac. I've read where some people have described it as a frost and I can see that.

I'm wearing two coats here


I'm still figuring out how I feel about it. I like the contrast of the lighter metallic on my dark skin but it looks a little..... I don't know if boring is the right word, understated might be a better choice. The fact is I wasn't exactly sweeped off my feet at first glance. I'm going to reserve judgement until I try it as a full manicure done by a professional.


What say you? Yeah or Nay?




 Stardate :12109.05

8 comments:

  1. I think it looks pretty, I don't think it will work well against my skintone so it's a Nay for me... On the other hand, I'm looking forward to getting the Illusion D'Ombre in Apparition 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty but the frosty look is turning me off. How many coats did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rhonda:

    Interesting because I know you are a lover of blues. I'm wearing two coats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I think it is a nice shade :)
    Thanks For the comment dear, keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ylenia:
    One strong yes :) thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about, I think for your skin tone a darker colour would suit better, bright pink or blue
    Kisses
    city-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Miss Laia:
    Duly noted. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete