If youth knew; if age could *



                                      
  April 2011                                                                                                  April 2012                      

I met with my hairdresser recently and she mentioned that my hair was growing back. She cut it a year ago. My how time flies. Since I can't see behind my head I took her word for it. Then I came home and took a pic and compared it to a pic I took last year. And yes, I realize I'm wearing a shirt the same color as I was around this time last year. Strange you say. Yes strange is my middle name and, yes I like purple.

I also like a cute updo so I've been loving the braided hair styles I've been seeing lately like the ones below. I love how the styles depending on the outfit and the person wearing them, could be clasically elegant and/or young and carefree.



French Braids Hairstyles Spring 2012 Romantic Braids
Source




I wore my hair in my version of the Katniss Everdeen pre-reaping day braid all week leading up to The Hunger Games(yes, like I said strange is my middle name). Did I take a picture of it? Of course not. Oh hindsight.

 Funny story though, I was standing outside of my office building one day that week, using my cell phone because I get no reception inside, (so much for their ploy to make the worker bees more productive) when a co-worker walked up and said, "Oh my gosh I didn't recognize you, I thought you were somebody's little girl standing outside of the office."  My take away from that exchange was, either she needs to get glasses or I should make sure I  have my ID if I'm going to try to buy any OTC allergy medicine with my hair in that style. I'm leaning more towards the first one.




* Supposedly Sigmund Freud said that, but don't quote me because I wasn't there so I can't be sure :).


Stardate :12104.11

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your locs, they look so healthy and full! Good luck on your future growth!

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete